Understanding the importance of the situation, we want to make our house a safe place for your trip to Iceland. We care about you and our staff’s safety so we expect you to cooperate as much as possible and follow some basic hygiene rules. Since we are a guest house we have shared facilities, like the bathroom and the kitchen and in this case we have to respect each other and behave accordingly.
Basic Protective Measures:
- Wash your hands before using the bathroom and kitchen with soap and water for at least 30 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid any close contact with other people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- If you are interested in our breakfast or have it already included in your reservation, please note that our staff will serve it for you on a plate as well as refills.
The following symptoms may appear after 2-14 days of exposure.
- Shortness of breath
If you notice any of these symptoms, immediately consult a physician. During your stay here, please call 1700 from an Icelandic phone (we provide one in each of our houses) or +354 544 4113 from a foreign phone to reach a health care professional who will give you further information. The emergency services number in Iceland is 112. You will not be considered infectious if you don’t have symptoms. For questions about this epidemic, please visit www.landlaeknir.is or the WHO website.